Operator ,United States
Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a B Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Venice, LA. Would prefer someone who lives in a 50 mile radius.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
• Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
• Can operate, monitor, test, and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
• Can monitor the performance of wells and production, calculate daily rates, well testing, perform some trouble shooting, monitor discharge water produced.
• Can perform many of the record keeping requirements by BSEE and USCG on the following: weekly / monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
• Can operate, test, maintain, repair and record keep most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart.
• Ability to operate safety equipment including firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
• Can operate and maintain most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and little supervision.
• Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.