Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
1. Execute preventative maintenance programs as per allocation & schedule for both Electrical and Instrumentation department.
2. To work in shifts and attend corrective and breakdown maintenance for electrical equipments and Instrumentation.
3. Conduct instrumentation evaluation and troubleshooting for:
Programmable logic control (PLC) systems
Actuated & Control Valves Pressure
Level, Flow & Temperature transmitters, gauges & switches
pH, ORP, TDS, Conductivity transmitters
Gas analyzers (HCL, NOx, NH3, SPM, Sox)
Data logging system, communication protocol Like HART Ethernet/IP, AS-i, Modbus (RS485,232), ProfNet and Fiber optics.
4. Operation and troubleshooting of 11 KV HT Breakers (Vaccum Circuit Breaker) and LT Breakers (Air Circuit Breaker).
5. Basic wiring/installation skills including electrical switchgear, starter.
6. To operate the Diesel Generator Sets and ensure power availability to plants in case of GEB power outage.
7. To carryout programming/maintenance of VFD, LTMR.
8. Conduct test related to functional performance, Loop test, FAT of instrumentation as needed by new installed / changed instruments.
9. Ensure to commission instrumentation effective following with repair and replacement.
10. Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements while executing instrument maintenance or replacement activities, as per HIIPL standards.
11. Comply with every approved operation and maintenance procedures.
Education & Experience :
7+ years in Chemical/textiles/Pharma/Refinery (Preferably from MNC)
Knowledge of Lock out Tag out System (LOTO )
Knowledge of permit system.
Good communication skill.
Basic knowledge of computer operations.
Languages (Read/Write): Hindi, Gujarati, English
Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per trainings, policies, procedures, risk assessments etc.
Actively seek to improve safety culture.
Report any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to the line manager immediately.
Other General Responsibilities :
Attend training as required to maintain personal qualification/competence.
Comply with the company equal opportunities policy & promote equality.
To guide contractor person for safe & proper working.
Maintain housekeeping at work location & Instrument dept.
To get the material from store
Any personal data that you provide to Huntsman International LLC, its subsidiaries or its affiliates (together, ""Huntsman"") as part of the online recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment (including any sensitive personal data) will be handled according to Huntsman's Notice about the Processing of Personal Data of Applicants, which is located on the Company's privacy page at www.huntsman.com
Thank you for your application. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Additionally, you can share your updated CV to with the subject as ""Job Application for Electrical & Instrumentation Technician ""
Industry TypeChemicals, PetroChemical, Plastic, Rubber
Functional AreaProduction, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Employment TypeFull Time, Permanent
Maritime and offshore jobs
The work onboard the different vessels is considered as the prestigious one. The maritime and offshore specialists are on a high demand worldwide. The occupations have their peculiarities and responsibilities. To attend the well-paid maritime or offshore job, the candidate should have the special preparation including the educational document and sufficient physical health.
Both the maritime and offshore jobs are meant the high level reliability of the crew members. That is why it is rational to highlight all key points of onboard occupations and offshore ones.
All kinds of maritime offers - the full list of variants for job candidates
The designees should know well the types of the maritime jobs in order to select the optimal long-time occupation or the seasonal one. It is possible to get an appointment in different sectors - the main ones are following:
- the engine room;
- the deck
The engineering department jobs
That is why there are two big departments onboard - the engineering and deck ones. Each of them has the own list of jobs to attend. The engineering crew consists of the Chief who often is named as the Chief Engineer. He is responsible for all engineering crew members. The main task of the Chief Engineer is to control the execution of all tasks by his subordinates in the engine room. This job is suitable only for designees with the profile education and the big experience onboard on the certain position.
To gain the career of the Chief of the engineer department is possible after successful work as the rank-and-file employee for a long-term basis. Other maritime jobs that are relating to the engineer department are:
- The DDE or Designated Duty Engineer - the 1st assistant of the Chief Engineer;
- First/Second/Third assistants Engineer - have the responsibilities of the equipment and engines maintenance and regularly report to the Chief.
- Third/Fourth engineers - the average executors in an engine room. Often these positions are occupied by the Oilers or Wipers.
The engineers should be presented onboard of each vessel - it does not matter if it is the cruise liner, or the merchant one. It makes the engineering department occupations as the jobs of the high demand. The deck jobs are also in the category of the strong desire. The maritime jobs offers are impossible without notifications with vacancies of Captain, Chief mates and others.
The deck department jobs
The Master onboard is the most prestigious occupation that all seamen are dreaming about. To become a Captain is not complicated if the designee devoted all his life to the maritime professions. The true Master should have the high-level organisational skills, ability of the efficient management and the determination to act fast in the risk situations.
The main assistants of the Captain are his Chief Mate (or the First Mate) and other Mates aboard (Second/Third). They are responsible for the watch keeping and the stability of the vessel, including the navigation and the maintenance of all electrical equipment onboard. The Chief Mate and other Captain assistans are able to become the Master themselves in case of the quality workmanship. The average deck executors are also very demandable because they perform all practical tasks. This category is consist of:
- Able Seaman;
- Ordinary Seaman;
To start your maritime carrier is possible with the executive position and stick the landing for the Master post!
All offshore jobs - the prestigious positions for the qualified specialists
The offshore industry occupations are in the high demand because this sector needs the executors and rational chiefs on the gas or oil offshore objects and wind industry ones. These jobs are rather difficult and often have shift-based conditions with working 14 days and 2 weeks of the rest. But all offshore jobs are well-paid ones that attract many designees. It is possible to attend the position of your interest in the following sectors:
- Exploration and operation;
- Design and construction;
The Chiefs or Managers on the platforms give the tasks and control their performance. The executive positions that are available on the offshore oil/gas and other platforms are:
- Drilling/ Corrosion/ Wellhead engineers;
- Piping Designers;
- the Representatives of the Cooking/ Healthcare staff, etc.
OceanCrew is your way to get the job of your dream without any long-term searching. We offer different vacancies that can turn into the subject of your interest. Choose either maritime job or offshore one you would like attend and get the detailed information about the vacancy! All sails to the wind!