MPD Technician Texas - Houston
An MPD Technician will be responsible for safely and efficiently performing diversified tasks relating to MPD equipment rig-up and rig down and to the continuous operation of the MPD / RCD equipment package including but not limited to choke operation, run hydraulics modeling and pressure monitoring. The Manage Pressure Drilling Technician directly reports to the geomarket /district area lead and to the Manage Pressure Drilling Supervisor.
• Performs field execution of MPD jobs in a safe, timely and efficient manner
• Practices safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable QHSE guidelines. Follows prescribed MPD operational and safety procedures
• Actively participates in pre-job safety meetings
• Repair, overhaul and pressure testing where appropriate all MPD equipment including lines, valves, chokes and mud-gas separator
• Inspect all equipment used and perform preventive maintenance checks and service
• Maintain company issued tools and develop knowledge and skill in their use
• Extensive travel to customer’s locations and field support of on-going operations will be required
• Work effectively as part of operational team in diverse drilling locations
• Through formal and on the job training develop the ability to safely and efficiently operate the MPD system and associated equipment.
• 1-3 years minimum experience in manage pressure drilling or under balanced drilling
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3-5 years’ experience in manage pressure drilling or under balanced drilling preferred
• Valid Well Control Certified
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• This is a field rotational job with up to 35 days on rotational schedule, typically 4 weeks and 2 weeks off working 12 hr. shifts.
• Schedule flexibility may be required to meet Customer drilling schedules
• Valid Driver’s License.
Primary Location: United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Drilling, USA) Houston Office