I & E Technician
Wood is currently recruiting for an I & E Technician for a 5/2 rotation in the Heidelberg, MS area . **Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to relocate***
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
• Maintenance and Repair on all electrically driven equipment in the facilities and Platform
• Maintenance and Repair on all Generators;
• Installation, Maintenance and Repair to all air conditioning units;
• Calibration and Maintenance of Plant and Platform instrumentation;
• Breakdown and repair work to Power Plants switchgear;
• Maintain and repair all commercial domestic equipment;
• Repair and maintenance on heavy plant and other equipment;
• Maintenance and repair to Gas Analysis equipment.
• Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities.
• Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI).
• Loads and configures software on microprocessors and computerized systems.
• Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment.
• Tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves.
• Organizes and directs daily work for assigned Trainees.
• Carries out routine and planned preventative maintenance on electrical systems and equipment.
• Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems
• Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system.
• Identifies and obtains required spare parts from the onsite warehouse inventory.
• Responds to operational breakdowns on a 24-hour basis.
• Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence.
• Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program).
• Reviews and become familiar with the Client's equipment and maintenance procedures;
• Reviews from a maintenance perspective and comment on the B3 design documentation;
• Participates on PHA, operability, maintainability, reliability, and LOPA/SIL review teams;
• Monitors topsides fabrication progress to assure maintainability issues are identified and addressed and to witness commissioning activities;
• Participates in package training classes and learn equipment maintenance requirements and procedures;
• Assist in developing PMRs and training materials for the B3 facility.
• Provides maintenance support to the commissioning and start up team;
Skills / Qualifications
High school or Trade Certificate in Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering