Roustabout - Offshore
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Roustabout with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Mouton Cove, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
• Under direct supervision, responsible for performing operations and maintenance duties on a platform production facility.
• Monitors and interprets meters, gauges, pumps, compressors, instrument readings and charts.
• Maintain production data in multiple forms.
• Notifies supervisory personnel of production and maintenance issues that require corrective action.
• Starts, operates, inspects and performs routine maintenance of facility equipment.
• Operates and monitors radio and telephone communications equipment as required for platform operations, logistics and reporting.
• Operates pedestal/boom cranes using hand and foot controls to transfer personnel and supplies to and from platform.
• Responsible for following safety procedures and maintaining safety data.
• Responsible for participating in all safety training and assisting in safety procedures such as basic first aid, CPR, fire drills and emergency evacuation.
• Handles and mixes a variety of substances (such as acids, chemicals, oils) in large containers, ensuring proper use of production equipment.
• May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
• May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work rotation schedule.
• Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 6 months of oil and gas production experience is preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
More vacancies for roustabout
Advance Global Recruitment