Roustabout - Offshore
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Roustabout with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
• Under direct supervision, responsible for performing operations and maintenance duties on a platform production facility.
• Monitors and interprets meters, gauges, pumps, compressors, instrument readings and charts.
• Maintain production data in multiple forms.
• Notifies supervisory personnel of production and maintenance issues that require corrective action.
• Starts, operates, inspects and performs routine maintenance of facility equipment.
• Operates and monitors radio and telephone communications equipment as required for platform operations, logistics and reporting.
• Operates pedestal/boom cranes using hand and foot controls to transfer personnel and supplies to and from platform.
• Responsible for following safety procedures and maintaining safety data.
• Responsible for participating in all safety training and assisting in safety procedures such as basic first aid, CPR, fire drills and emergency evacuation.
• Handles and mixes a variety of substances (such as acids, chemicals, oils) in large containers, ensuring proper use of production equipment.
• May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
• May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work rotation schedule.
• Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 6 months of oil and gas production experience is preferred.