Wood is searching for a B/C Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Rockport, TX.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
· Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, some record keeping, shipping and receiving.
· Can operate, monitor, test and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices in accordance with platform standards.
· May monitor the performance of wells’ production, calculate some daily gas or oil rates, and well testing with very little supervision.
· Calculation of gas meter chart volumes in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volumes in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas.
· Can operate, test, maintain, and repair with some record keeping on most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations.
· Ability to operate most safety equipment such as firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
· Maintenance of most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations (supervision required).
· Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
· Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
· 1 year of experience required in oil and gas production
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
· 1+ year of experience in oil and gas production