INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER I
North Oil Company
INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER I
Scope of Work
This position is situated under Field Operations Department and will be reporting to Team Lead Instrumentation & Metering.
The responsibilities are:
Contributing and assist the team lead to develop and maintain an incident free environment through maintaining a strong safety culture.
· Ensuring compliance with HSE (occupational and process) legislation, Company standards and procedures under area of responsibility to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
· Ensure compliance with Company Procedures & Guidelines to ensure Process Safety, Operational Safety & Plant Integrity.
· Provide robust PPM and CM data to support safe and efficient preparation, planning, execution and close out of base operations, campaign and shutdown maintenance activities in accordance with good engineering practice and company standards.
· Provide first level specialist technical advice and guidance to site/offshore personnel on the maintenance of plant/equipment troubleshooting, root cause analysis and investigations where required.
· Provide technical and administrative support to campaign and shutdown teams to ensure the overall readiness and execution of scopes in line with campaign shutdown gate criteria process. Work order resourcing.
· Visit offshore sites on regular basis to enhance collaboration and promote the understanding of goals to ensure information flow is maintained efficiently.
· Manage the repair process for critical equipment, including visits to local vendor workshops and warehouses.
· Ensure 4 months and 5 weeks planning are optimized, liaise with planning department and attend weekly IOP meetings to ensure gate criteria are achieved. (spares, vendor mobilizations, tooling, shipment, PR’s)
· Proactive contribution to reduce safety and business critical backlog.
· Execution of class 2 modifications (vendor based modifications).
· Provide support to complete the Jobs within the allocated budget
· Provide cost estimates and budgets for instrumentation related PM and CM activities
· Identify opportunities and drive initiatives that enable maximum production and injection output within the parameters of environmental compliance and process safety.
· Provide team lead with regular reports with analysis and comment on performance and results. Be held accountable for area of responsibility.
· Enable and maintain effective relationships with external parties, functional teams and corporate groups as required meeting company strategic business and operational objectives.
· Contribute to improvements, development and implementation of department activities, processes and procedures.
· Contribute to the strategy development and implementation for the Asset.
· Contribute to the optimisation of instrument support and first line solutions for optimum safety and operational performance.
· Oversee and ensure that Instrument support given to maintain the ongoing safe operation.
· Participate and encourage sharing of knowledge and experiences between departments.
· Participate and support Contractor/Vendor performance management through Company representative · Any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by Team Lead
· Participate in crisis response training and assist during emergency response situations if required.
Degree or industry recognized technical qualifications supported by industry experience (offshore and onshore oil and gas facilities).
Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in the oil and gas industry in a similar role. Supervisory experience an advantage.
Skilled and experienced in working in a multi-cultural and highly technical specialized environment.
Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of cross discipline maintenance requirements, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and planning processes.
Expert user of SAP Maintenance module
Versatile, resilient and able to interact effectively with peers and Senior Management on a daily basis.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a large team. · Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Industry recognized training and professional certification