INSPECTION ENGINEER I
North Oil Company
INSPECTION ENGINEER I
Scope of Work
This position is situated under Field Operations Department and will be reporting to Lead, Inspection & Integrity.
The responsibilities are:
- Implement and supervise the specific inspection plans and procedures.
- Drive best practice maintenance and inspection techniques to ensure integrity of piping systems and vessels.
- Initiate, lead and participate in audits, inspections and surveys, as required
- Assess the data obtained from the inspection activities and draw conclusions about both the current integrity and the required future actions.
- Collate and analyze the data generated by these activities
- Ensure that the relevant FFS analyses are performed when needed and that the required remedial actions are specified and implemented.
- Assess and assure the HSE compliant performance of the work by both staff and contractors, note this includes the provision of Rope Access Inspection Services and the management of radio-active sources.
- Remain updated on development of Integrity and Reliability of equipment within area of responsibility - Provide coaching to peers in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety and production optimization.
- Uphold and role model the company’s core values.
- Contribute to the preparation an annual report at the start of each year summarizing the integrity status, key related activities and any challenges for all the Pressure vessels, PSV’s, and piping.
- Other related activities as required.
All staff must be willing to participate in crisis response training and to assist during emergency response situations if required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and/or production industries in a similar role
- Certification in API 510 & 570 is preferred
- Solid technical knowledge and qualification in a relevant Discipline or equivalent
- Knowledge of Asset Integrity & Reliability principles applicable to Oil & Gas Production facilities
- Broad knowledge of standard advanced inspection techniques & methods
- Clear understanding of Integrity Management
- Clear understanding of Fitness For Service & Design principles for piping systems, vessels, pipelines and structures
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards pertinent to inspection and integrity field
- Practical inspection/integrity background including plant based experience
More vacancies for engineer